Helping WordPress websites offer a visually striking component to their bbPress forums, the Image Upload for bbPress Pro WordPress Plugin allows forum users to include inline images into their discussions on bbPress forums.
With the Image Upload for bbPress Pro WordPress plugin activated, site visitors can insert images into their topics and replies on bbPress forums using an easy-to-use drag and drop image uploader. Images can be automatically resized to save storage space and bandwidth and enlarged when clicked with a built-in lightbox.
The Image Upload for bbPress Pro WordPress plugin also allows site visitors to insert images using their mobile phones. While in the forum post editor, the site visitor can simply tap a button on the screen to bring up the Upload Image box, where tapping the screen a second time will bring up the smartphone operating system’s image selection options.
- Includes a responsive drag-and-drop image uploader with support for inserting multiple images at once.
- Generate and insert separate thumbnail versions of uploaded images while retaining a larger version for use with the built-in lightbox.
- Allow users to upload animated GIFs while preserving animation.
- Change the directory where uploaded images are stored.
- Limit which user roles are permitted to upload images.
- Limit the number of uploaded images allowed per topic or reply.
- Automatically downsize images to fit specified maximum dimensions.
- Convert all uploaded images to the same image format, if desired.
- Set PNG and JPEG compression levels so images take up less disk space.
- Allow users to view enlarged images in a lightbox by clicking on them within the post.
- View total image count and file size statistics.
- Optionally, use Amazon S3™ to store and serve uploaded images in submitted forum posts (requires add-on plugin purchase).